bilge pump ( rear )

RichieOT

Reaction score
Advice on removing live well on 1993 228G Seafarer to replace bilge pump.

dbiscayne

Reaction score
Advice on removing live well on 1993 228G Seafarer to replace bilge pump.

I think yours is the same as my 1990 242g (factory bracket). Remove the lid hinge screws, then the live well liner is removed by taking out the 6 screws along the top after you reach thru the rear port side seat hatch & disconnect the drain hose & filler.
Thats when the fun begins, dive in while contorting your body into the hole where the live well was, disconnect the bilge pump as the blood is rushing to your head.

Reactions: Legend

handinpalm

Reaction score
Don't forget to put some foam padding around the edge where live well was, while diving in. I had bruises on my chest while hanging upside down for an extended time. Seal the old mounting screw holes and new screw holes with a good sealant, for water penetration.

Reactions: Legend

Legend

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Don't forget to put some foam padding around the edge where live well was, while diving in. I had bruises on my chest while hanging upside down for an extended time. Seal the old mounting screw holes and new screw holes with a good sealant, for water penetration.
I've had the same diving into my bilge on my Sailfish. It is a long way down and nothing comes off or goes on as planned. The last time I had an issue deep in the bilge I opted for the dealer to repair.

Reactions: handinpalm

leeccoll

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I still have stomach bruises from 4 years ago when I raised my scuppers 3" to accommodate a 4 stroke engine plus a kicker.

Remember to breath!

Good luck,

Lee

RichieOT

Reaction score
Thank you all! Think I will let boat repair place do job.
Richard

Ky Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Boat Yoga at it's finest!!!

I replaced the bilge pump, float switch, both ball valves and both high speed thru hull pickups while hanging upside down on my 228.

20180726_195316.jpg