boat junk yards ?

hooked on Grady

Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Does anyone know of any places in new jersey where you can go to look for salvage parts for boats, a boat junk yard? Where do all the boats go after the storms we've had? is there any business numbers that I can call to look for parts. thanks all.

PointedRose

Reaction score
Model
Overnighter
Something tells me real estate in New Jersey isn’t cheap enough for boat junkyards. You should find some within driving distance though. I know there are a few in MA. Probably CT/RI as well. I’d imagine somewhere near Maryland too but don’t know for sure.

Legend

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
There is one in Quincy Ma, Ma Marine Parts. They carry all brands of salvaged parts for power and sail.

Reactions: igblack87

SkunkBoat

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Model
Express 265
Does anyone know of any places in new jersey where you can go to look for salvage parts for boats, a boat junk yard? Where do all the boats go after the storms we've had? is there any business numbers that I can call to look for parts. thanks all.
That question is often pondered and never revealed...
Theres a million boats in NJ rotting in yards and marinas and when someone finally capitulates it gets crushed into a dumpster.
I have been lucky on occasion to do some dumpster diving at a marina.

There are places online (located in FL) for such things. Sailorman comes to mind.

hooked on Grady

Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Thanks all. Doesn't it seem like there is money out there to be made? With all the restoring going on it would be nice to be sitting on piles of parts now. A repairable bow pulpit and matching rail would be my dream pieces as anchor storage is a bit of a pain in the rear.

blindmullet

Reaction score
Model
Explorer