boat prop

Sal

Reaction score
Bought a Grady White four years ago; it's a 1996 265. Love it. It has a Yamaha 250 - 2-stroke - . The boat came with a 3-blade, stainless steel prop, which tops off at 5200 rpm. It's an M15 pitch.
Lately I've been constantly flustered by the prop bushings which spin out. I asked the prop shop to recommend a new prop; they were rather useless. They DID rebuild my prop, but on my second trip out the prop failed again.
I've heard of 4-blade props. Can anyone recommend one to me? Ive heard of 17" pitch.(?) Purchasing advice etc. (except WestMarine).
Could sure use some help out here guys!
Thanks, Sal :(

plymouthgrady

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
PROPS

There is a lot more to props than just propulsion. a 4 bladed prop is designed to reduce bow rise (your tabs will do that), but will comp. your top end speed ($$). Go to the Michigan Prop. website and you'll find some good info there.
Seafarer 228, 250 SWS II w/ Michigan Ballistic 3 bladed SS. Awesome prop. May be a little aggressive for your boatsize.

JUST-IN-TIME

Reaction score
Bill_N said:
https://www2228.ssldomain.com/propgods/content/proptesting.aspx

he is in SF

too bad they r in FL, i sent sent numerous guys there way

5200 is sort of sloww for those motors, unless wot is un-trimmed out

going to a 17 would make rpms around 5000
4 blade would drop 100-150 rpm also, because more grip in the water

u a coastsider?

Bill_N

Reaction score
If you post your issue on the site Ken will respond and provide his input. The guy is very knowledgeable and will help you make the right choice. He has decent prices on props and if you buy one and it's not what you want he'll exchange it for $35.