Boat Winter Blocking

boatino

Reaction score
I just purchased a 2000 Marlin and had it winterized and stored. The marina was suppose to block the boat but decided to leave the boat on a yard trailer. When I checked it out today I noticed the boat's hull strakes were sitting on the wood of the trailer in some spots. I questioned the marina and they said not to worry about it this happens all the time during storage. Should I be worried about the strakes collapsing or am I over-reacting?
Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks,

John

seasick

Reaction score
boatino said:
I just purchased a 2000 Marlin and had it winterized and stored. The marina was suppose to block the boat but decided to leave the boat on a yard trailer. When I checked it out today I noticed the boat's hull strakes were sitting on the wood of the trailer in some spots. I questioned the marina and they said not to worry about it this happens all the time during storage. Should I be worried about the strakes collapsing or am I over-reacting?
Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks,

John
I assume by 'wood' you man the bunks. There should be sufficient contact area of the bunks and the hull. If the only contact points are strakes, I would be concerned. A picture would help.

boatino

Reaction score
Seasick,

I'll try to post some pics later this week. At the front half of the hull there is a wooden v, made with 2 x 6's that the latter half of the boat's strakes are resting on. Near the port stern there is a 2 x 6 support board which runs the length of the boat and the strake is on the support board towards the stern.

John