Boat

Tigercat

Reaction score
Need some info would you trade a 1998 Grady White FTigercat 26 feet :hmm for a ProKat 28 walk around my Tigercat is in great shape the ProKat is 2 feet bigger and has 225s yamahas with 725 hours my boat has ocean pros with 565 hours and runs great the Prokat needs power head on left engine the guy wonts to trade even do you guys think the extra 2 feet is worth the deal dont know much about ProKat boats Thanks

SmokyMtnGrady

Reaction score
Tiger,
Another guy wants to trade straight up for his Prokat with your boat? Just curious who proposed the trade? I find it curious he is willing to go down 2 feet without hesitation to your Grady. Perhaps that is your answer? Why would a guy with a 28 foot Prokat want trade down even with your 26 foot Grady? If you really want to do this, sea trial the Prokat first, then pay to have her surveyed.

Grog

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
An even trade? I'd tell him to dump in his hat! A working boat for a boat that needs a powerhead, no way. The value of a non-functioning boat is much less than a functioning boat. Why is a F225 shot with 725 hours and why will the other motor not blow soon?

no problem

Reaction score
Do yourself a favor and google "prokat" Pretend you own one and contact the factory with a technical question. Next contact Grady White customer service with a question or concern. What year is the "prokat" are the people that built it still in business? Part of Grady's value is in their customer support. Sounds like a great trade for the guy with a broken boat from a disappearing manufacturer.
here's the link http://www.prokatboats.com/

teaklejr

Reaction score
Didn't you just get the Tigercat? I recall you asking questions about them not long ago. You sent me a bunch of messages asking about them. Why if you just got the boat do you want to trade for an inferior boat who's company is no longer in business and has a blown motor. This does not make sense.