Bought This One on Staten Island Seafarer 228

Blaugrana

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
"IZON" - thanks for the reply. Just sent an email to the nearby GW dealer in Campbell Ca - their website has just a new and used 208 for sale. - the 2019 with no hrs is priced at 68k - maybe I will get a positive response before I give up and get the trailter to the refuse center.

I have been dumb and have paid for storage for five years and have never used the trailer once and probably never will.

Sturg.

Have you posted on Facebook marketplace? I just sold my trailer and could have done it within the day, if I had the time to show it. There were folks offering above what I asked.

Reactions: SkunkBoat

Blaugrana

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Have you posted on Facebook marketplace? I just sold my trailer and could have done it within the day, if I had the time to show it. There were folks offering above what I asked.

One more thing, make sure you put lots of pics. Various buyers commented onthe amount I shared with them and how it reduced their concerns of potential blind spots.

You’ll notice on Facebook that most people just put one pic of the trailer and nothing else.

If you have the title, highlight that as it was a common question I received

Gradywhiteonthehorizon

Reaction score
11755 3rd Street E Treasure Island, FL33706
Model
Seafarer
"IZON" - thanks for the reply. Just sent an email to the nearby GW dealer in Campbell Ca - their website has just a new and used 208 for sale. - the 2019 with no hrs is priced at 68k - maybe I will get a positive response before I give up and get the trailter to the refuse center.

I have been dumb and have paid for storage for five years and have never used the trailer once and probably never will.

Sturg.
I have a 2016 Seafarer 228 for sale with trailer. F309 with 318 hours on her for $99,500 or best offer.

James Franchek

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
What a beautiful boat. We just bought a 2000 226 and have not yet taken it out on Lake Michigan. We can't wait. Any suggestions about what to read, study, learn about before we get out? Also, your boat is in great shape. I cannot wait until I can buff and polish ours up.

Gradywhiteonthehorizon

Reaction score
11755 3rd Street E Treasure Island, FL33706
Model
Seafarer
Thank you for the compliment. My primary suggestion, is to take your bout out in calmer conditions. Maybe 1-2 ft waves. See how she corners tightly but little by little. I’d also get the know your trim tabs. The winds and the currents will give you an idea on how to trim the tabs if needed. I’d go on utube and see what the say. I’d get to know your electronics (all of them). With a 226 you don’t have a closed transom. I’d see how your transom handles the water if you back off quickly or in reverse. As you become more familiar with your boat, I’d tryout 1-3’s ft waves. You don’t want to be over confident. Get to know your limitations and your boat’s. Make sure you keep up with your maintenance especially with your motor. A boat is a labor of love. Enjoy her and tight lines. Keep in eye out for rouge waves. They’re out there. Expect the the worst and enjoy the best. Also, make sure that you have everything for an inspection. They’ll check you sooner or later. Keep the fuel fresh and keep an additive in the fuel. Use ethanol free if you can.
Enjoy
DBB

Reactions: James Franchek