Bow back rest

Pastor B

Reaction score
Model
Bimini
Back support for bow seats. Looking for help with bow back rest on my 2009 Bimini. Newer rest are not compatible. And ideas. Has an

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Back support for bow seats. Looking for help with bow back rest on my 2009 Bimini. Newer rest are not compatible. And ideas. Has an

I think you should re-read what you wrote. It's not very clear what you are asking. We can't help if we don't know what you are asking. Add more info - writing in full sentences will help.

Pastor B

Reaction score
Model
Bimini
I think you should re-read what you wrote. It's not very clear what you are asking. We can't help if we don't know what you are asking. Add more info - writing in full sentences will help.
Thanks.

Pastor B

Reaction score
Model
Bimini
I just purchased a 2009 306 Bimini center console I am looking to add back supports th the sets in the bow that are located on top of the two forward fish boxes. On the canyon there are fold out back rest. I have checked with Grady and those back rest are not compatible with the Bimini even though they appear to be similar design. I am asking if anyone has added the back rest and how they located the parts

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Ah, OK. Now it's clear regarding the area you are talking about. I haven't done it - and I can't exactly remember it ever being talked about here on this forum - but hopefully there will be someone out there that can help. In lieu of that...

-- Have you measured the backrests on a Canyon? Maybe go to a local dealer if need. Will they physically fit? That would be the first thing I would check.
-- Where they ever an original option on the Bimini? Check that avenue, as well.
-- Will you have any clearance issues when opening the lids? Will they still open far enough for you? By "fold out"... do you mean they fold "up" because the top edge is on a hinge? Will you have to do the same thing to be able to open the lid?

Those are things you can easily check on, yourself.

If buying the Canyon backrests doesn't work out, then you'd be looking at having them custom made. Which, most likely, would be less expensive, anyways. Either using a piano hinge on the top edge, or the typical 'slide into place on clips' that a lot of back rests are secured with. All of that should be pretty straight forward for an upholsterer with boat experience.

I'm assuming the vertical distance for the mounting of the backrest isn't very big? If so, google "coaming pads". Just another idea there... whether actual pads or glue-on foam mat.

Last edited: