Bow Pulpit is Finally Here.

SeanC

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I ordered the bow pulpit for my 228 back in June was supposed to come with a boat shipment arriving mid August but with boat manufacturing delays it arrived this week. It doesn’t have mounting holes pre-drilled but there are dimples showing where the bolts go which is good. They supplied 3 tubes of silicone. 5200, that’s all good. But also a tube of GE SCS1700 Sanitary and a tube of SCS1000 Contractors. Not sure what different application they would be used for.

Legend

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
I ordered the bow pulpit for my 228 back in June was supposed to come with a boat shipment arriving mid August but with boat manufacturing delays it arrived this week. It doesn’t have mounting holes pre-drilled but there are dimples showing where the bolts go which is good. They supplied 3 tubes of silicone. 5200, that’s all good. But also a tube of GE SCS1700 Sanitary and a tube of SCS1000 Contractors. Not sure what different application they would be used for.
The GE SCS1700 is the finishing sealer caulk used on your GW. It is the match for your gel coat the dealers and GW use and it matches your original gel coat

seasick

Reaction score
the SCS1000 is similar silicon sealant without the mildicide. Used for bedding fittings.
I am not sure if you are calling 5200 a silicon. It isn't
The GE SCS1700 is the finishing sealer caulk used on your GW. It is the match for your gel coat the dealers and GW use and it matches your original gel coat

1700 comes in white, light almond or clearish. I am not sure if it is a color match for the original gel coat anymore than GE silicone in almond would be.
Is the color listed on the tube shown as almond?

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
How about some pictures when you get a chance? I'd love to see a before and after picture as I'm considering in the future possibly doing the same to my 228 Seafarer.

PointedRose

Reaction score
Model
Overnighter
I’d ask Grady. The 5200 is probably to glue the pulpit down. Based on what the other guys said, the 1000 is probably for the bolts/ holes and the 1700 is probably for making a seal around the edge (can use a popsicle stick to create a nice clean fillet around the edge). But again I’d go direct to the source and ask for each purpose. Use painters tape around the edge of where you’re placing the pulpit to contain the goo for a clean finish.

SeanC

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I’d ask Grady. The 5200 is probably to glue the pulpit down. Based on what the other guys said, the 1000 is probably for the bolts/ holes and the 1700 is probably for making a seal around the edge (can use a popsicle stick to create a nice clean fillet around the edge). But again I’d go direct to the source and ask for each purpose. Use painters tape around the edge of where you’re placing the pulpit to contain the goo for a clean finish.
The 1700 is beige, the 1000 is clear. 5200 for gluing pulpit down. Not sure that where I would use clear and not beige.

SeanC

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
How about some pictures when you get a chance? I'd love to see a before and after picture as I'm considering in the future possibly doing the same to my 228 Seafarer.
Will be awhile until I install but will post photos when I do. Below is what I received including some ”bonus” hardware in the second photo. D5B73E59-48D9-4E02-9D15-32974E6EBBFD.jpege308DFB16-EFAD-4A2C-A499-C0B43292DEC5.jpeg

seasick

Reaction score
I think the clear is for bedding the bolts and trim washers. Generally none should show. %200 obviously for pulpit to deck contact and the tinted caulk for finishing the seams

trapper

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
The only issue I had with installing the pulpit on my 208 was getting off the old anchor roller. It had been screwed down and glued.. sealed? with 5200. Took the gelcoat off in a patch under the roller. Fortunately the area was covered by the new sealant and pulpit.