Bow thruster noise

journeyman

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
2104 Freedom 307 with line-in bow thruster .... what does normally Sound like during operation?

LOUD!!!

Everyone will know you're using it. Be prepared for some comments, generally from people who don't have one. Mostly good natured.

Sometimes if there are helping hands on the dock and I come in clean on the first try, I'll bump the thruster even though it;s obvious I don;t need it and I'll say something like "I spent the money, I might as well use it!".

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 307
LOUD!!!

Everyone will know you're using it. Be prepared for some comments, generally from people who don't have one. Mostly good natured.

Sometimes if there are helping hands on the dock and I come in clean on the first try, I'll bump the thruster even though it;s obvious I don;t need it and I'll say something like "I spent the money, I might as well use it!".

Thanks Journeyman, that helps answer question about noise level.... Happy Boating !

Fishtales

Reaction score
It doesn't help that it is down in the hull and confined space amplifies the noise like a passive radiator. Once you get familiar with the noise, it will be second hand.