Cabin Carpet and Teak Restoration

Offshore24NJ

Reaction score
  • Hey everyone I just started taking all of the teak and carpet out of my 24 offshore I will be posting pictures on how it turns out. It seems like a simple but really good way to make the cabin look great! Cheap too! The only things I used so far is 20.00 of outdoor carpet from Home Depot, Carpet glue 5.00 and teak oil, 19.99.

Offshore24NJ

Reaction score
Heres the photos of how it turned out. I actually underestimated the amount of carpet i needed. Some of the things that I would have done differently or if someone is planning on doing it is be sparing with the glue cause it can seep through, for some reason the carpet goes all of the way under the gunwales (must have been from when it was installed at the factory without the top on) KEEP TRACK OF YOUR SCREWS, and last but not least take your time.
Heres what it looked like with all of the old carpet Ripped out. It wasnt that bad to remove it. It almost fell off
DSC_0372.jpg

I decided to keep the carpet on the top as it was not in that bad condition or as much as an eye soar as the retro blue that was on the bottom

DSC_0370.jpg

As you can see I didnt get to the right side cause of materials shortage. here it is finished. With all of the teak sanded and re oiled.
DSC_0375.jpg

I didn't put the front rod holder back cause im getting it re done with new string to hold the rods
DSC_0380.jpg

DSC_0381.jpg

In all it took me about 4 short days to do it. Its a nice little project to make your interior look nice. Hope you like it.