Carpet Removal in Aft Berth

TW59

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
I have a 2012 Marlin, and am contemplating removing the carpet from the walls and ceiling of the aft berth. Has anyone done this, and if so, any suggestions on how to best remove the carpet ? What issues did you encounter ? How did you finish the newly exposed area ? Thanks !

Ekea

Reaction score
Model
Chase
disclaimer - i have not done this and my post is speculation

the surface will either be fiberglass or best case gelcoated. if gelcoated, it will not be aesthetically pleasing. it would look like the textured areas in your bilge where you can see the "bumps" of the fiberglass. either way, i think you will have to spend some time sanding with a relatively coarse grit followed by fine, clean well, and paint or re-gelcoat if you want it pretty. if not, you could get some white truck bed liner and roll it on.

Fishtales

Reaction score
Probably end up using monkey fur or the same material GW uses. Post above is correct. You'll find it rough with a lot of glue residue. I'm sure you could do something fancy, but IDK is it worth it. Who uses the space and for what?

I'd look at covers and all for outdoor fabric covers. They make custom size stuff. Get the foam from Amazon and do the walls/ceiling over and you'll be set.

Fishtales

Reaction score
Here ya go...