Carrabelle, Florida - 4/13 - 4/16

DukesFin

Reaction score
Website
www.lagroueconstruction.com
This was the first "sea-trials" since building/installing the new GM L6 250 cid motor in my '74 Grady White 212 Chesapeake... Not a bad day at all:

Got down to the water at 5:00AM on Thurdsay morning after having blown a set of wheel bearings out on the way down. Luckily, it was noticed at WallyWorld in Tallahassee, so I got a new (temporary) set of bearings there for $10, a file to get the burrs off of the spindle, and made it the rest of the way to C'belle.

We putted around in the bay, made it to Gov't Cut and got some catfish. Boat ran well, so back to the slip at C-Quarters. Slept in the boat.

Friday, we headed out at first light and started running to some numbers 15 miles out. About 2 miles away, we put the stretch 30's out and I was the first to land a Gag:

DSCF1810.jpg

Meli was second:

DSCF1811.jpg

We put up the stretches and went to our numbers where we picked up a couple more keepers. Only 1 or 2 shorts came from those holes.

Started back towards the slip and I decided we'd try to find some BSB at One More Time. Got there and dropped the bait and this guy came up first:

DSCF1814.jpg

We picked up 2 more from One More Time (only found 2 shorts there as well), got a trigger fish, and pinkmouth, then headed to the hill with a total of 7 keeper gags, pinkmouth and a trigger.

DSCF1818.jpg

That evening, we met Illinioisfisherman on SGI at the house he's renting. This guy is quality "nice guy". He gave Meli and I the apartment in the lower level of the house for free.

Got up the next morning, (Snapper day), and headed to Yamaha first. Only picked up a trigger and black snapper there. After that, we headed off to O Tower. Nothin doin' there either, so back to some other numbers. No good there... (Just not our day I guess). Back to the hill and dinner with Illinoisfisherman and his family. These people are so unbelievably nice, generous, and fun. Good night's sleep...

Woke up yesterday morning and headed out again. This time, we didn't want to go far, and we thought we might get lucky at One More Time, so down the baits went. We found the shorts this time, Meli got anther triggerfish and we got a bunch more spadefish for our friend Jerry (he loves these things).

Headed home.

Great weekend!!!!