Change-out fold down sleeper seat with captains chair on 2005 tournament

TJBJ

Reaction score
Hi

Anyone ever change-out the fold down sleeper on a tournament model and replace with dual captains chair arrangement ? I would prefer the two captain chair arrangement as it adds more room for fishing. I see some models from the factory for sale that were done that way as an option. How difficult would it be to make that change on your own and has anyone done it ?

Thanks

TJBJ

Reaction score
Hi

Anyone ever change-out the fold down sleeper on a tournament model and replace with dual captains chair arrangement ? I would prefer the two captain chair arrangement as it adds more room for fishing. I see some models from the factory for sale that were done that way as an option. How difficult would it be to make that change on your own and has anyone done it ?

Thanks

I guess no one has done this or can offer any advice .......Anyone ?

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
When you break it down, it's just basic construction. You'll want to add a backer plate for the pedestal base as you don't want to simply screw into the floor. You can do this by cutting a hole underneath where the center of the pedestal will be and then inserting a flat "ring" backer plate that is cut into two pieces. There may be some foam under there that you'd have to first remove by hand. For the bolts, you won't be able to get to the nuts unless you cut another access hole nearby (and cover with a deck plate after you're done). Another way to do this is to use "toggler" bolts.

RussGW270

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
You want a captain’s chair, I want the companion seat lol...wish they were interchangable, I’d trade you:p

Btw, they are not, totally different, just saying

R

Reactions: Cocosandy

TJBJ

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. The two Captain seats free up so much more room for fishing and I don't really need that extra back side seat.

Thanks

CocoLoco

Reaction score
Model
Tournament 205
Halfhitch, Did you have any issues getting solid backing into the hull on your 205? I’m planning to do the same to my 205 but worry about being able to reinforce the deck enough. Hard top looks awesome too!

Halfhitch

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
No issues really. I did not put a backing plate under the deck. I used 1/4 inch toggle bolts and it is quite strong. As you can see in the picture, the starboard seat base actually overlaps the stringer beside the fuel tank so installing a backing plate is not possible there. I used screws in the stringer area.