Chill plates thermostat

Southern Hunter

Reaction score
I have the chill plates on my 305 and they are awesome!!! I do have one small problem however.....on my last trip I went into the cabin to adjust the thermostat b\c the port side box was frozen solid wth all of the drinks in it. So I went in to turn it down, and I don't remember exactly what I pressed but the thermostat went from reading 38 degrees to -38 degrees..........I don't know if I hit a button twice and it switched settings or what? However, something changed and I don't know what.....the plates never quit working, the thermostat just started reading negative numbers when I was trying to adjust the temp.....any word on this out there guys???

pablor

Reaction score
There is many things you could have done, like switching Fahrenheit to Celsius which would read negative. You could have gone into service mode and changed a few other things. you need to get the manual and start over...

pablor

Reaction score
Re: Plates

Southern Hunter said:
Pablor.....

Im thinking that this is what happened.....have you had any of these issues with your plates before?

I messed with the controls and I found out that they are not very intuitive. You definetely need to RTFM... if you hold keys for two long you go into places that manuals dont explain...