Cleaning life jacket mesh storage

GggOwens

Reaction score
Model
Fisherman 236
Is there a way to remove the mesh storage with zipper under the hard top to clean it? I am a new owner of a Fisherman 236.

Ling king

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Cut the rope the securing it place, remove , clean and re-string with new rope. Just did mine last week. looks like new

Reactions: JJMag

GggOwens

Reaction score
Model
Fisherman 236
Cut the rope the securing it place, remove , clean and re-string with new rope. Just did mine last week. looks like new
There isn’t a rope securing it. There are tabs that slide into grooved rails. There must be a knack on which tab should be moved first.

ilmmct

Reaction score
Model
Explorer
I investigated this for my 251 CE. To remove the “Chart Bag” (made by A & J Canvas of Fayetteville, NC), you need to disconnect the small “slide tracks” from the T-Top. These side tracks are attached by rivets You will need to drill out the rivets and after cleaning re-attach the side track with stainless or aluminum bolts. For the time being, I opted for a deep cleaning in place by covering the helm and seats and some vinegar and simple green.

SCW

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 275
I have a Freedom 275. I just removed the life jackets and left mesh in place. I sprayed the mesh with a bleach/water mixture, then wiped it down. Came out great.

GggOwens

Reaction score
Model
Fisherman 236
Thanks the cleaning in place worked fine. Wasn’t about to drill out rivers! Next question. What’s the secret to getting the dome light to come on?

wrxhoon

Reaction score
Thanks the cleaning in place worked fine. Wasn’t about to drill out rivers! Next question. What’s the secret to getting the dome light to come on?

The switch is on the light itself, mine has the spreader lights switch on the dome as well.

RussGW270

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
I power washed mine.. heh.. Same issue, it just seemed to catch eeeeeeverything :p