CO2 Alarm

Fishtales

Reaction score
Has anyone changed their CO alarm? I have a Fireboy-Xintex CMD-4 model that came with the boat. The manufacturers site says the CO2 alarm has a 5 year useful life.
I'm going to check it out next time I'm at the boat and see what the LED status provides. It looks like a new model has come out.

Last edited:

Halfhitch

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Are you talking about CO2 (carbon dioxide) fire extinguisher systems or CO (carbon monoxide) detectors?

drbatts

Reaction score
Model
Express 305
I replaced mine last year. Look on your to see if it has an expiration date stamped on it. Once it reaches the end of life it will also beep. The newer style has a little bit different footprint, but overall its a simple swap out.

Fishtales

Reaction score
Are you talking about CO2 (carbon dioxide) fire extinguisher systems or CO (carbon monoxide) detectors?

The carbon monoxide detector in the cabin.

Last edited:

Fishtales

Reaction score
Checked mine today, green light solid and red off. You'd never know it was out of date. I know they have a shelf life, I just never thought about it. Will swap it out.

SmokyMtnGrady

Reaction score
Y'all know it's carbon monoxide which you want to detect in a cabin right? Carbon dioxide you exhale in every breath and your motors produce carbon monoxide which can build up in enclosed spaces and actually kill you. Then again based on some teenagers in the news lately we are going to die from the rise of CO2 in the atmosphere, so what do I know? ;-) maybe you do want a CO2 detector.