Cockpit Bolsters Availability

hotajax

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I bought a boat that sat out in the sun for nine boating seasons with nothing covering the aft fish-fighting area. The bolsters are cracking and not looking all that sharp. Are replacements available from GW or does GW recommend an after-market dealer??

Grouper Duper

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Boater's World has some aftermarket ones that are cheap and easy to install. I bought them online, but have since seen them right in the store.

hotajax

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Removing old Bolsters

How did you get the old ones off without destroying them?

seasick

Reaction score
There is a post somewhere on removing the bolsters. On the underside there are some grommets. There is supposedly screws that are accessabale through the grommets.

Fishtales

Reaction score
The newer ones have a few hidden screws and then lift off (there are metal clips on the back that slide through the fiberglass). I believe earlier models were held on with through bolts. Should be easy to figure out if you look up into the gunnel area and see how they are mounted.

You have a couple of options, new ones are manufactured by WISE Corp, in TN http://www.wiseseats.com/.

They have the patterns for most late models, and could likely fab you a set. Not cheap though.

Another option is to do it yourself. Get some marine foam, some material and cut pt wooden or if you can find it a plastic set of backers. Attach with stainless staples and mount. This methood works well, may have done it and it is much more reasonable cost wise. You may be able to use the existing backers as a template.