Connecting upper and lower electronics boxes

greenhabah

Reaction score
I want to connect some electronics in the upper and lower boxes but I don’t have a tube connecting the two.

I figure I have 2 options but am open to other ideas.

Option 1.
Have an aluminum pipe fabricated to connect the two.
Disadvantage
This just adds a new blind spot.

Option 2.
I could drill into the cuddy roof into the bottom of the forward hardtop leg and run the cable up the leg and drill an exit hole up by the top then enter the electronic box.
Disadvantage
Cable will be run across the top of the cuddy cabin and from the support pipe to the electronics box.

LUNDINROOF

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I ran a couple of wires from the upper electronics box to the lower by running them out the front of the upper and wire tying them every 4 or so inches from that point to the post that runs from the hard top to the bulkhead that is just to the right and to the rear of the captains chair. I drilled into that post, ran the wires in the post to the bottom and drilled the bulkhead under the post where the post hits the bulkhead. I then ran the wires under the bulkhead and above the tray next to the captain chair and into the lower box. If I remember, there is already a access hole in the bottom of the lower box.

This was a little unsightly but a lot better than running wires across the hardtop and punching holes in it.

greenhabah

Reaction score
The power and stuff goes up the rear hardtop support leg.
I added a spotlight and it's cable filled that tube (or atleast the opening).
Don't want to add another hole to the tube plus may damage the existing wires in it.

Could do the wire tie method but hoping for something a little cleaner.

LUNDINROOF

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I remember it being a little tight. Its been over 10 years but from what I remember, it was only the cable to the spot light and the antenna for the GPS. I had to remove the end of the GPS coax and replace it but I was able to pull both through with a wire. I did have to drill another hole.