Converting ladder from old style to new on 2002 330

jip40

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
I would like to convert from the old style rigid boarding ladder to the new style folding one. Primarily to be able to launch ladder while in the water.

Has anyone done this & how difficult is it to get a secure mounting. I realize it would make dock boarding a little more difficult but I rarely use that area for boarding

Thanks Jeff

jip40

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
I've thought about this too. I also considered a pull out ladder like this one: http://www.garelick.com/Compact-Eez-In-II-Transom-Ladder

I don't know if there's actually enough room for one of these, but seems like a good option if it would fit...

Looking at the design, I don't think it would provide the stability I'm looking for. Too often we have to deploy the ladder 50 miles offshore, in 2-3' chop, so someone (hopefully not me) can clear fishing line from the props.

2 Little Time

Reaction score
I have seen an older 330 Express with the folding ladder mounted to the port side directly on the surface of the swim platform. Mounting on the port side eliminates interference with the opening of the transom door.

Sorry but I do not have a picture.

I am considering doing the same on our 2002.

jip40

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
I have seen an older 330 Express with the folding ladder mounted to the port side directly on the surface of the swim platform. Mounting on the port side eliminates interference with the opening of the transom door.

Sorry but I do not have a picture.

I am considering doing the same on our 2002.

This looks like it will be the best option for me if it fits on the boat. It holds 400 lbs & gets good reviews. Mounting from underneath the platform it wouldn't interfere with the transom door.

I also like that when I forget to stow the ladder, on takeoff, it will swivel up instead of jamming and bending the mounting plate as does the original ladder.

https://www.amazon.com/RecPro-Marin...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=5BZ2YDJC7MJ2FDY8JY4H

jip40

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Except there is no underneath to a Grady eurotransom platform. Where would you mount it?

Well that's a bitch - just checked out some photos - don't know why but I thought you could get to the underneath area, guess I would have been real surprised on Sunday when I got to my boat.

Looks like I will be going with a top mount & possibly on the port side.

Any suggestions on how a top mount would be secured if you don't have access to be able to put a backing plate & bolt it from underneath.