Corroded wiring

Reaction score
Model
Tournament 192
The connectors behind the control panel on my 19' tournament are green and coming apart one by one. I have looked online for new 15 wire connectors but having a hard time finding what I need. Does anyone know of OEM or other connectors out there. They don't have to be 15, the most in one of them is 7 or 8. Even if I could get corresponding new push pins.

Attachments

• 20190321_200641.jpg
    20190321_200641.jpg
    548.7 KB · Views: 32
  • 20190321_200700.jpg
    20190321_200700.jpg
    497.3 KB · Views: 32
Reaction score
Model
Tournament 192
Thanks, I will check out Molex. I looked for markings on the plugs and didn't see any. I also talked to Grady White and they could not help with that. Although they have been helpful in the past with other things.

SkunkBoat

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Model
Express 265
In another life I used to re-wire molex connectors often. There is a nifty tool for removing the pins and it is fairly simple when you get the hang of it.
If you wrap the connector in self vulcanizing tape and cover it with liquid neoprene it won't turn green and you'll be able to unplug years down the road..
I agree that if you are re-wiring your dash now you will probably never again need to unplug. So hard wiring is an option.

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
For what it's worth, in case I wasn't clear, I was referring to bullet (removable) connectors, not butt connectors. But certainly butts are an option. KISS.

Reactions: Halfhitch
Reaction score
Model
Tournament 192
Thanks for all your input. I do want to keep them removeable, you never know when a component is going to go bad.

Fishtales

Reaction score
Could get a small wire brush and clean both ends. Then a hit both sides and backsides with CRC. It will at least buy you some time to investigate. They really don't look that bad from a corrosion standpoint.

Reaction score
Model
Tournament 192
They look better than they really are. I was taking the control panel out to redo it and while investigating prior to removal, I noticed all the green. As I started to take the plugs apart, one wire came off as well as a lot of green dust. What followed was two more wires came off and so on. This boat was sitting for three years and I'm restoring it. Last season was debugging and I had multiple intermittent electrical problems. So I will replace what I can while things a apart.