Cover 228 Seafarer

VinMan

Reaction score
I am a new owner of a 2006 228 with a hard top, bow pulpit, and bracket. I want to cover the boat while on the trailer next to my house to protect it from sun and rain.

Can anyone give advice on a brand of cover I can order that will go over the hard top, pulpit and motor? It doesn't have to be trailerable. I know this was discussed once before but I could not find the thread...

G8RDave

Reaction score
I have the same cover as JiminGA but I got mine from coversdirect. I got the 26 foot version so it would cover the engine too. That allows me to use the engine trim to tighten it up without needing a pole system.

DSC02370.jpg

rorkin

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
dwain said:
Vinman: I just cover my seafarer with a blue tarp and Bungee cord it to the trailer. A custom tarp is just too expensive up here to buy. Dwain

I tried that last week but wind ended that experiment after a few days..

bigk23surf

Reaction score
Anyone try Carver Covers? Looks like the canvas covers everyone is using.

VinMan

Reaction score
I think I'll try the cover G8RDave has. Looks great and keeps the sun off. That's all I want. I saved pennies for a long time to own the boat of my dreams. I just want it to last a while...Thanks

G8RDave

Reaction score
Carver Covers is selling the same cover as coversearch and boatcoversdirect, but there is no way to tell from the site what they are charging. Coversearch and boatcoversdirect are within about $5 of each other ($633 and $638 for the 26'6" version). I notice that they now sell the cover in a bunch of different colors. I wish they had the Navy blue when I was ordering two years ago. That would look great on a Grady. Not sure how well the color would hold up in our Florida sun though. The grey has been perfect.