Cracked Cabin Hath-where to get a replacement hatch?

jbows

Reaction score
I just bought a 2004 islander, and am loving it. What an awesome boat! I trailer my boats, so its nice to have a 45 mph in 2' chop, that I can trailer anywhere. My cabin hatch has a crack in it. Probably from the previous owner going 45 mph in 2' seas :D Where is the best place to get a replacement hatch? Can you get one directly from the factory? Thanks in advance for all your help! Its Great to be a Grady Owner!

Thanks,

Ed- Captain of the Seacog

1st grady

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Where is it cracked? Mine was also cracked right along the hinge but I repositioned the hinge and attached a cover strip which matches the acrylic to cover the 1/8 inch gap at the hinge. I also inserted a rubber gasket between the two plastic pieces at the hinge. I believe they crack if they are dropped while opening or closing forcing the plastic against the opposing hinged piece. For a good temporary repair you can use some methlene chloride to weld the parts together. (it is a glue / solvent )
Give us a picture and we can provide some more recommendations. Of course if money is not an issue, contact Grady.

jbows

Reaction score
Thanks guys for the tips. I'm going to give it another look to see if the fixing ideas may work, then if not, I'll call Grady. I bought the boat pre-owned, do I need to call a certain dealer, or just the closest one to me?