Crappy crapper

family affair

Reaction score
Model
Islander
More specifically, the Jabsco electric pump conversion system on our new to us 270.
Oddly both the upper and lower macerator housings were chipped on the outside causing or contributing to a leak. I thought replacing the lower housing (by far the worst of the 2) would be sufficient to get it to reseal. I worked for one whole flush and then completely blew out. It isn't cost effective to rebuild and the design is about as robust as single ply TP to begin with.
Considering the dollar store Chinese watch like quality and high price point, is there a better alternative? Ive seen entirely different systems that include bowls for the same price. I don't know if these are drop in replacements or if they require additional components. If there is a better option out there for a replacement, I at least want to look into it. Any experience out there with these?

PointedRose

Reaction score
Model
Overnighter
Not too many brands that I’m aware of for marine crappers lol…Jabsco is the brand that I’d use tbh

Hookup1

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
Member OCNSIR told me he installed an ElectroSan system in his 270 have had good luck with it.

I have a 268 Islander that I have been working this problem for years. Left the original toilet and tried to replace the Groco in-tank macerator with an adapted Jabsco. This does an effective job pumping the tank out. Last problem was the pump loosing prime that the loop in the hose to hold some water should fix.

family affair

Reaction score
Model
Islander
Hookup, I saw your right up on the in tank macerator. However, this is not the part that I'm referring to. What I'm referring to is the toilet with the electric flush system. This too has a masserator built into it (not for discharge) but the housing and assembly is far from a robust design.29200.JPG

glacierbaze

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
$249, and free shipping, more than 10 available. Offer him his discount price of $200, and see if he wants to sell something.

family affair

Reaction score
Model
Islander
Great find! Even $249 is a great price!
Thank you!:)

family affair

Reaction score
Model
Islander
Bought one. What can I say, I'm a sucker for a deal! At that price point I don't mind replacing one every 10 years.

Hookup1

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
That will give you an electric flush vs. a manual pump like I have. That my get installed on my boat!

My issue has been how to empty the holding tanks.

family affair

Reaction score
Model
Islander
That will give you an electric flush vs. a manual pump like I have. That my get installed on my boat!

My issue has been how to empty the holding tanks.
All of the gas docks around here do pump outs. Couple $$ for gas and the ickies go away. As much as I'd like to be able to discharge at my convenience, I'll take a hard pass on servicing an in tank masserator. Too bad no one has figured out how to make one that lasts.

family affair

Reaction score
Model
Islander
I was all set to go back to a hand pump @ $100, but for $250, I'll give it another go! ...that and the queen said she won't have it any other way.