curved windshield on a 265 express

Coolchange1

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I pretty much figure the answer here is no but does anyone know of a source for the curved (port) section of windshield for a 265 express? Yes I broke mine. there is a place that will make it out of an acrylic but it's expensive and I'd rather put the money towards real glass. The story of how I broke it is a long one unfortunately
Thank you
Tim

SkunkBoat

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Model
Express 265
I have to imagine that the corners on gradys of the same vintage were the same. I don't image there are any 265s being parted out...
You don't usually here this from me but...try asking Grady customer service or a dealer..
Its going to hurt your wallet in every case:oops:

SeaVee

Reaction score
I got the two side vent windows from Marine Glass Specialty’s in FL. Referred to him by TaylorMade, who owns Water bonnet, who made the Windshield. Apparently he bought a lot of the Grady Glass stuff . He’s hard to get ahold of, try to call him.

Legend

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
I recently broke my vent window and ended up going to a local glass company and they made a template from the other vent window, The glass had to be tempered so they sent in to one of there glass fabricating vendors and had it made for 300 bucks. I would talk to a local glass company and they may be able to help but as previously stated it will cost.

Coolchange1

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I agree with you skunkboat it's going to hurt but not as much as it hurt waking up and looking out my window at the boat (which was in the front yard being readied for the water) and seeing the exploded glass. I'm willing to pay for my mistake it's just that it's hard to find. SeaVea I first broke the center section and sent it to Marine Glass specialties and yes they are difficult to get hold of but once you do they're very nice to deal with. Unfortunately they don't have anything for the curved sections. I'm going with the Polycast from Ocean Dynamics and I'll keep my eye out for glass although Ocean Dynamics says that they have Polycast windshields that have been in the field for 5 years and still look like new and you can't tell the difference. They also said it's stronger than glass

Legend

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Coolchnge1 - curious did the fabricator have a grady white template available or did you have to somehow supply curved measurements? Thanks

Coolchange1

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Hi Legend,
I went to Ocean Dynamics out of Florida,
They give you a method of templating the inside corners of the frame prior to removing the portion of the frame with the broken glass and you send them your frame and send them the frame and templates. They are extremely professional and have a good website

Reactions: Legend