custom grady white 228- west coast style

efx

Reaction score
Model
Islander
If you guys want to see a tricked out 1986 228 seafarer, here she is.. Not affiliated in any way but I do like seeing a custom grady once in a while and grady white may see this and take some notice.

Last edited:

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
It looks like the boat started off as a 226 and then they fiberglassed in the stern of the boat as well as added the transom bracket? Or at least it appears so based on the rear seating and the height of the transom not all being the same. I enjoy when people modify their boats to a certain extent, that being said... this one I'm not a huge fan of, especially considering the price. It's an almost 36 year old boat, with an almost 8 year old motor that has 1500 hours, an unknown age trailer that also isn't correct per the description. In the description it says it's a galvanized EZ Loader trailer when in the pictures it's very clearly an aluminum I-beam trailer and if you zoom in on the picture it says "McClain Trailers" on it. Maybe they bought a newer trailer in the week since they posted the boat, or simply forgot what kind of trailer they have? Maybe they've got $44k into the boat total, when all is said and done? Maybe. I think it's an optimistic price even for west coast pricing though, and even when it's a hot seller's market. Lastly, the hardtop looks like it doesn't even fully cover the captain's and passengers seats? Looks like it covers about halfway back or so? Which for me is a deal breaker and makes me wonder why they'd pay all the money for a hardtop that doesn't keep you fully out of the elements? I think the one that forum member JJMag put on his boat looks way, way better than this and actually covers the occupants and keeps them out of the elements. Not trying to bash on anyone's boat, just not my cup of tea and something that others should seriously look into if they're considering buying the boat. I honestly think there are much better, newer options out there for $44k but hey, it's your money, spend it on this boat if you want.

Last edited:
Reactions: JJMag and Don Davis

efx

Reaction score
Model
Islander
I agree on the price considering the hours on the motor. looks like its down in price btw. also I bet thats a trailer for a service company. often the dealers / outboard guys have their own trailers and just use them to pick up the boat, as that is definitely not a galvanized trailer. The windows looks high quality. Overall this boat handles the runs that are made in Socal and the hours show it. Enclosed transom, open ended pilothouse, and easy to trailer....