Dash material - clean / repair / replace

aa331

Reaction score
Model
Canyon 306
Re-doing the dash soon, moving all my instruments inside the "glove" compartment. Tight fit, but it will work.

But first, the dash material is awful. Seems like a vinyl of some type.

Can't get it clean, tried the usual (even BKF, I believe). Does anyone know what can be used to clean it? Rather not experiment and end up with a sticky surface.

Also, has anyone replaced it with the same, and/or ripped it out and just put fiberglass instead?

Many thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_2137.JPG
    IMG_2137.JPG
    223.6 KB · Views: 1,222

ctcbtr

Reaction score
they make vinyi spray paint in spray can at automotive stores all colors, works good just have to be free of chemicals ,clean good

gw204

Reaction score
Try Clorox Clean-Up. That stuff made the capt. chairs on my old 252 look like new.

If that doesn't work, maybe wipe a little acetone on the back side to see if it makes the surface tacky. Could also try sanding it with something like 400 wet and then go lighter to make it really smooth if it seems to work.

JeffN

Reaction score
I have had good luck with the Clorox Cleanup too. Maybe do a test spot on the back but I have not had any issues and I use it on a lot of boat cleanup chores. It works get on fenders. I spray it on and let it sit a few minutes and hose it off. I was given some fenders that were really ugly and after the Clorox they looked great.

aa331

Reaction score
Model
Canyon 306
Mr. Clean Magic Eraser worked like a champ! Removed the black stains off the vinyl, looks almost new.

Thanks to all.