Dealer Referral

capt chris

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Ohio River Louisville, Ky./Lake Cumberland, Ky
magicalbill said:
Capt.Chris

My vote is Twin Cities Marine in Two Rivers, Wisconsin.

I have spent many a nite on Cumberland..I know Wisconsin is a haul, but they are the real thing. Al Howarth stopped at nothing to make sure I was happy when I bought my Gulfstream.
They are old-school, make the customer happy kind of people..They are family-owned, and the service dept. is 1st-rate..(Roger is a great tech..)

I have had my previous Seafarer to both Beaver and , oh, what's the name of the dealer in Mt. Clemens....Anyway, the boat came back dirty from both places..Twin Cities puts rugs down on the deck when they work on the boats to keep the floor grease from being tracked and dug into the nonskid.
Call me picky, but that's ultimately what made me choose Twin Cities..They really care about your boat, and I don't have to do extensive scrubbing to clean my 232 up after a service appointment like I used to in the Seafarer days.

You and I have chatted here when you replied to my "How Many Gradys In Indiana" post, I think...Are you down near the dam, or up toward Connelly and Burnside?
I contacted Al today and gave him the spec on what I want. I told him you made the referral. I'll let you know how it goes. Chris

Ky Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Chris,

I live in Berea Ky. and I know what you are going through with a close dealer.

I have talked with both Mid Carolina in Columbia and Seel's Outboard in Charleston. Frank Riley @ Mid Carolina and Al Seel @ Seel's in Charleston. Been in talks with them for a few years as I have yet to pull the trigger on my dream/retirement boat, but the time is drawing closer.

I speced out a identically rigged 228 full of options and Mid Carolina came in a little cheaper than Seel's, but when the time comes I will still go with Seel's as they are the closer dealer to me when I'm down at the lake house on Santee-Cooper. I just have started fishing saltwater and that to is out of Charleston so it just makes sense to go with Seel's. As many years that I have been talking to Seel's they have always treated me with respect and I have never felt that I was not welcome there because I had not purchased a boat yet from them, and believe me it has been quite a few years that I have been looking/dreaming and I have always felt welcome at Seel's

Just my .02 from a fellow Kentuckian

capt chris

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Ohio River Louisville, Ky./Lake Cumberland, Ky
Thanks for that feedback. I'm @ Cumberland so where I end up buying it isn't the same as it would be for you. I will definitely be buying one before the Yamaha extended warranty ends 3/31. I just have to figure out from whom. Thanks for the input.

fishhrd

Reaction score
Southeastern Marine in Richmond VA seemed to have really good prices at the boat show last year. After they gave me a quote, I called around from Ma. to Fla. to see if someone could match the price and they said no.
Really good people to deal with too. Carol Tuck is the person we dealt with.
Matt

viperdrum

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I just bought a 225 from Mickey at Southeastern last Saturday. He is the owner's son and a really good kid to work with.

magicalbill

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
Chris;
Thanks for considering Twin Cities...Al told me he had talked to you..Hope it works out there for you..

When you get the rig, I'll run my 232 down to Conelly sometime and we'll talk about our boats..As we've discussed. there aren't many Gradys in our neck-of-the-woods/