Electronic Box Hinges

Average Joe

Reaction score
georgemjr said:
I replaced with original eqiptment. Local Grady dealer had them in stock. if I remember correctly they weren't that cheap...

Cheaply made but not cheaply priced. The piece that holds the springs in place breaks off easily. I just had one do it for the second time.

wahoo33417

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Wally: I also replaced mine and bought from the dealer. My boat is stored inside and they still went after about four years.

I could not find any way to get to the blind side fasteners. Grady mistakenly said they were screws. They were not. They were small bolts and I heard the little blind-side fasteners drop when I removed them. But I had no choice but to replace them with screws.

Ron Semenza

Reaction score
Both electronic box hinges and glove box hinghe bit the dust, Glove box is not a problem as it stats up. For the overhead box I purchased a bungie that had both ends sealed in a plastic ball. It is about six inches long I also purchased a self stich hook in the bath department on the same hardware store. I glued a small piect of stainless steel [friend worded in a sheet metal shop] to the underside of my hard top several inches in front on the electronic box latch. Attached the end of the bungie to the latch of the open box and the ball end on the hook. Wrapped some brass wire around the bungie ball end to adjust for tightness. Problem solved. Very inexpensivbe fix that works.