Electronics Recommendations

charitysteve

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 275
This is off topic but with all the electronics we are discussing, and knowing that GW is a solid boat, how capable is the 275 freedom with true offshore boating? My wife and I would like to go to the Bahamas. I don't just want to go to Bimini, I mean being able to cruise all around the various islands, take weeks off to do so.

I realize the weather is a huge factor, but figuring the weather was at least decent, seas were decent (maybe not perfect or ideal, but light chop as a worst case), would you guys be comfortable boating around in the 275 and staying in hotels? Maybe an occasional, sleep on the boat in a sleeping bag worst case?

I realize there is a lot to it, I am just trying to gauge this from the average boater. I realize there would be someone that would just kayak and say no problem.

Hookup1

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
This is off topic but with all the electronics we are discussing, and knowing that GW is a solid boat, how capable is the 275 freedom with true offshore boating? My wife and I would like to go to the Bahamas. I don't just want to go to Bimini, I mean being able to cruise all around the various islands, take weeks off to do so.

I realize the weather is a huge factor, but figuring the weather was at least decent, seas were decent (maybe not perfect or ideal, but light chop as a worst case), would you guys be comfortable boating around in the 275 and staying in hotels? Maybe an occasional, sleep on the boat in a sleeping bag worst case?

I realize there is a lot to it, I am just trying to gauge this from the average boater. I realize there would be someone that would just kayak and say no problem.
The 275 is capable of true offshore boating but you have to pick your days. It's not an all terrain vehicle. There is no protection or place to hide. If the weather is different than expected or changes unexpectedly it can be a real uncomfortable and terrifying couple of hours. Even in a larger boat, gauging your experience level, I would recommend finding at least one other boat to do the trip with you. Also remember that you are in another country.

I suggest you break this question out as a new thread. There are a lot of experienced owners that might not see this causing question.

Last edited: