330 Express Freshwater Washdown Hose

Tpartridge

Reaction score
Anybody have experience replacing the freshwater washdown hose on a 2002 330 Express, the one in the port compartment with the cleaning station? Trying to ascertain where to best drill a service port and the frustration level involved with replacing...vs paying the boat yard to do it for me

Last edited:

wspitler

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Express 330
On my 2007 330 the hose in the port side sink is accessible from an access panel in the rear cabin overhead. I changed mine, but don't remember if I had to remove more than one panel . Very easy actually.

Reactions: Automated14

Tpartridge

Reaction score
Thx...I must be having a senior moment as it didn't even occur to me that there could be access from the aft cabin. Will check it out in the morning.

Reactions: PT G

jip40

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
I replaced the fresh water hose in the cockpit of my 2002 330 express about 8 years ago. I found a direct replacement for the original hose at a Grady dealer in either FL or MD.
I was told that the connection for the hose was accessed through the cave aka mid-birth cabin. I had to remove two ceiling panels , the center one & the port side one - the connection was directly above where the panels joined. I believe Grady added an access port around 2004-2005.
It really wasn’t difficult once I knew what to do. If you have any questions don’t hesitate to pm me.

Tpartridge

Reaction score
I replaced the fresh water hose in the cockpit of my 2002 330 express about 8 years ago. I found a direct replacement for the original hose at a Grady dealer in either FL or MD.
I was told that the connection for the hose was accessed through the cave aka mid-birth cabin. I had to remove two ceiling panels , the center one & the port side one - the connection was directly above where the panels joined. I believe Grady added an access port around 2004-2005.
It really wasn’t difficult once I knew what to do. If you have any questions don’t hesitate to pm me.
Thanks for the info....super helpful. Not sure why I never thought of going through aft cabin :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Fido

Reaction score
This is. PIA job. Unfortunately panels need to come down.

Tpartridge

Reaction score
This is. PIA job. Unfortunately panels need to come down.
I have to agree...you're not kidding. Spent a few hours in the aft cabin in Saturday taking out screws. Still not sure how to get those ceiling panels down???

Thinking that cutting an inspection port behind the sink may be much easier?

HMBJack

Reaction score
Thinking that cutting an inspection port behind the sink may be much easier? <<<< Negative. You need to go from the bottom up (in aft cabin ceiling). After you remove the ceiling panel, you can cut and insert an access port there if you want (for the next time!).

Sometime after 2002, the GW built a small sqaure shaped access panel within the ceiling panel for this very purpose. I have one on my 2006 and yes, I had to replace my hose once... I know it's a pain in the butt, but you can do it

Reactions: Tpartridge

kirk a

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Agree with HMB - once you take out the 4 screws, you may need to pry the panel out, as they can be tight fits. I recall the reading light being in my way a bit as well. It was easier to replace that washdown hose than it was to replace the AC pump in the bilge.

Updated thought: one possible reason why the panel may be tight is due to the leak causing the materials to expand slightly. Once you have the screws out, there should be nothing hidden holding the panel in place, unless you count friction. ;)

Last edited:

Tpartridge

Reaction score
Thinking that cutting an inspection port behind the sink may be much easier? <<<< Negative. You need to go from the bottom up (in aft cabin ceiling). After you remove the ceiling panel, you can cut and insert an access port there if you want (for the next time!).

Sometime after 2002, the GW built a small sqaure shaped access panel within the ceiling panel for this very purpose. I have one on my 2006 and yes, I had to replace my hose once... I know it's a pain in the butt, but you can do it
OK, thanks...you probably saved me some additional frustration as I was ready to cut. I'll go back and be a bit more forceful with the ceiling panels and see about getting this fixed.

Out of curiosity...are you aware of any other way to shut off water to that hose? My problem is that with the leak there I can't pressurize the water system...therefore head is not operational...etc.?

wspitler

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Express 330
It’s a lot of work, but you could pull the port side panel in the aft cabin and find the tee that goes up to that sink and cap it off. That panel is not real difficult to pull however. It would also give you the opportunity to inspect the wash down and freshwater pumps.

everwhom

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Just saw this... I was able to replace mine (2003 model) by only removing one small panel directly underneath. I replaced with a 10' plastic hose instead of the original metal jacketed one..