f

plymouthgrady

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
What do you consider a 'good amount'? gallons?
A little 'standing' water can be normal-but your pump should not be cycling on & off.
I had what i would consider a good amount of water in my bilge last year after many years of a dry bilge b/c of some topside work. still cannot find the souce.

johmar

Reaction score
I have not measured but I am est. gal. maybe. I'll measure next time I pull it out. The forward bilge pump does kick on a couple of times in a day esp. if I do a lot of running around.

plymouthgrady

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
Air conditioning? generator? Esp. forward bilge, shouldn't have that much water. If your running around, hull is mostly above the waterline, right? Check thru-hulls, hair line cracks, sealant around t-h's. 6-8 gals sounds like a lot to me, esp. if it's constant.

ElyseM

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
water laying in the bilge is different from seepage. you will always have water laying because your pump won't clear all of it. if your pump is cycling during a day, you have water coming in where is should not. as noted, check all your thruhulls. also check the livewell feed and drains to make sure it's not coming from there. do you have a bow thruster? check that too. you have a few holes under water on the engine mounts also. gw does seal them up well, but if there was any work done you might want to take a look at them too. if you do a lot of wash downs during the day, check the seals around the deck plates and your washdown pump lines to make sure there are no breaks. same with the fresh water; do you have to fill it constantly? could be a leak. also, make sure the head shower is draining into the sump and not the bilge (assuming it is used). take a look at the trim tab cylinder tops also.

hope you find the source, ron.

johmar

Reaction score
thanks for the ideas. I will try checking those next weekend.