factory horn

seasick

Reaction score
Fishshoreman said:
Anyone know who made the horn on the 2000 Chase (and probably other models) and if it is still available? If not available what have you guys done? Thanks in advance as always.

I don't know who made it but if it was the same manufacturer as my 2001 Adventure, it is no longer made. I had to replace mine last season and I found a horn that looked identical on the outside. The bracket was different though where it mounted to the deck.(different hole spacing and wire access hole.) The good news was that although the side of the bracket that attached to the deck was different, it's other end that attached to the horn had the same bolt holes and spacing. I removed the bracket from the old horn, removed the new bracket and reused the old.
At least the holes matched up! It all worked out well. The funny thing was that the old bracket was just about the only piece that didn't corrode on the old horn.
The new horn may be an AFI but I really don't remember for sure.

seasick

Reaction score
bhemi said:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mini-Compact-Twin-Horn-Grady-White-/320681786341?hash=item4aaa1fbbe5&item=320681786341&pt=Boat_Parts_Accessories_Gear&vxp=mtr

I saw this last night on e-bay and remembered it when I read your post. If you blow up the picture it says "Ongaro" They make a full line of marine horns. Good luck.

http://www.ongaromarine.com/horns.htm
Very similar but not the original one. All the similar horns will work, it's just a matter of being able to reuse the old mounting holes if possible. I originally selected the Ongaro but couldn't find it in a local marine supply store. I took my old horn and that's when I selected the AFI. The store worker actually took the bracket off of my old to see if it would mate to the new. That was the deciding factor.

bhemi

Reaction score
That makes a lot of sense as AFI made the wiper motors too. AFI is owned by Marinco so a search of their site should find a replacement horn. West Marine carries that line of parts.