Finally getting my GW- comments welcome

roughrider123

Reaction score
Started in 1986 on Lake ontario and could not help but be mesmerized by Gradys going by me on the lake. I finally have a chance to own one. Located a 1990 204-C Overnighter last weekend. The seller for me was a boat never moored but always trailered, a 2006 5300# cap. galvanized tandem trailer with new rollers, bearings,tires and a 2005 yamie 150 2 stroke with 32 hours on the meter. Boat is in great shape for the year, no soft spots, leaks in cabin, and ready for a nice wax job. I have a survey scheduled on the 22nd then a test ride before I complete the deal. $12,500 for the package. Any concerns I should address before then? I plan to troll Lake ontario and fish the hudson river with it. Dealer says she does 40mph?
Great site here as I plan my outfitting of the boat and will visit often.

Roughrider out

Bread

Reaction score
I have the same boat (1990 204-C Overnighter) but with a Suzuki ob. It is my 3rd full season with it and I really enjoy it. It is not the SeaV2 hull but rides great. The survey will probably include these but some major items to check would be the condition of the transom; stern scuppers - how they sit in water; original gas tank?; original switch panel? Good luck with the Survey!