Fisher finder ideas again

Joe arrigo

Reaction score
Have the Garmin echomap 74cv chirp
Want to add another unit to uhd 74 cv any ideas I want 2 units that have multiple functions

SmokyMtnGrady

Reaction score
how about getting a Garmin GSMAP 743 XSV. It's radar capable and it will expand your capabilities over the ECHOMap series.

SmokyMtnGrady

Reaction score
Makes sense...Can they share a transducer?
I think they can but you need the Garmin hub back bone thingy to network them. I only run one unit on my boat . I am not familiar with exactly how to network the two. I just read on Garmin website it can be done. I bought a 941 XSV and love it. GPSMap series does expand the ability for radar.

Blaugrana

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I don't think you can network Echo series with GPSMAP series. The new Echomap UHD can share sonar with another Echo UHD

Thats what I thought. Early on, I was looking to match the two units together so it would be a similar price range as the Simrad GO units and still give radar capability.

Maybe with the hub it would work as I never looked into it....

Anyways, I would contact Garmin as it seems certain Echomaps don’t even talk with each other depending on what version it was (ie Ulta vs Plus etc). They seem to call it out on their site which leads me to believe it is not all backwards compatible.

Joe arrigo

Reaction score
how about getting a Garmin GSMAP 743 XSV. It's radar capable and it will expand your capabilities over the ECHOMap series.
I called Garmin they told me I can use both at the same time just have to Shut off different features of the unit one fishfinder unit one to sono and they will work good that’s what I was told my Garman