Fisherman 216 jump seats

Whazzup

Reaction score
Anyone with this boat notice that the aft jump seats never dry? I am concerned about it developing mold. If I leave the seats cushion side down, the cushion's foam gets wet. If I leave them cushion side up., they stay wet as well, and when it rains and never dry. Is this a design flaw or am I doing something wrong? Thanks.

JerseySure

Reaction score
Website
www.psywarrior.com
Model
Fisherman 216
I haven't noticed that yet but will check frequently and get back to you. Only got the boat early this spring. I had covers made for the console, seat in front of the console and the leaning post as well as the seat backs for the front and back.

We keep the long seat cushions in the console head compartment while not using the boat or when we are fishing. We are looking for a solution for the long rub rail cushion on the bow. Our canvas man is sketching up something.

Where do you keep your fire extinguisher? I would like to mount it in a recessed compartment but not sure where would be best. Right now it is in the compartment over the helm

Whazzup

Reaction score
I just keep the fire extinguisher in the electronics box and take it out and leave it in the gunwale when I'm driving. The front cushion on the bow is not removable and I don't know how to protect it either

JerseySure

Reaction score
Website
www.psywarrior.com
Model
Fisherman 216
Thanks for the info. I haven't noticed the jump seats cushions getting wet when they were stored with the black non slip side up. The removable well below them never gets more than an inch or so of rain water in them. I empty them out whenever I remember. Only put the cushion side up when I have passengers seated there. When the grandkids are swimming or tubing the non-slip side is always up. They help washing the salty things down when we return to the dock.
Bill

Whazzup

Reaction score
The jump seats hold water. No question. Ran into another owner who said same thing. I’ve left them out in the sun for 2 days and they never dry. Fees like a design flaw to me. Even upside down, if there is some sort water in the little bucket there, it must absorb the moisture. Dealer says it’s normal. I want to contact manufacturer.

Whazzup

Reaction score
Seems like a design flaw to me

JerseySure

Reaction score
Website
www.psywarrior.com
Model
Fisherman 216
I guess you are a neighbor on the other side of Beaver Dam Creek. We keep our boat in Shore Haven Yacht club's Marina. I think I spoke to you today while you were on a SUP board in the Creek. See you next time we go out.

JerseySure

Reaction score
Website
www.psywarrior.com
Model
Fisherman 216
I contacted GW and they are researching the issue with the maker of the cushions used on the jump seats. They said that they will get back to me. In the mean time the cushions are facing down and out of the weather, as they should when not being used and they continue to collect rain water and wash-down rinsing after fishing. Do any other GW owners with similar seat cushions that cannot be stored have issues with them collecting water? We are still wondering about the knee bolsters that are on the inside of the rub rails on the bow and stern they are left out to the weather 24/7. Is there a need to cover the entire boat with canvas to protect everything while it sits tied up between trips? That might solve the problem or at least slow things down from weathering.

Sjoyce15

Reaction score
Model
Canyon 326
Good job Grady White! Terrific company that stands by their work.

Reactions: JerseySure

Gman67

Reaction score
I contacted GW and they are researching the issue with the maker of the cushions used on the jump seats. They said that they will get back to me. In the mean time the cushions are facing down and out of the weather, as they should when not being used and they continue to collect rain water and wash-down rinsing after fishing. Do any other GW owners with similar seat cushions that cannot be stored have issues with them collecting water? We are still wondering about the knee bolsters that are on the inside of the rub rails on the bow and stern they are left out to the weather 24/7. Is there a need to cover the entire boat with canvas to protect everything while it sits tied up between trips? That might solve the problem or at least slow things down from weathering.

the combing pads should be fine out in the elements, I have a 2015 and other than a small area near the anchor locker that can get mildew spots the combing pads all around the gunwales dry out and stay fairly clean, also the fixed seat backs on the transom (model year '15) do not collect moisture. I cover the console and leaning post/live well upholstery with a custom cover.

Reactions: JerseySure

JerseySure

Reaction score
Website
www.psywarrior.com
Model
Fisherman 216
Gman67, thanks for the info. We too cover the console and leaning post live well with a custom cover. We also cover the small bench seat in front of the console and the backs of all the seats. The local canvas guy made up all the covers for us.
I just recall our old boat and how the weather and UV sunlight beats up the upholstery and mildew stains became an issue for us. I think the freeze thaw cycle doesn't help things here in NJ either.
I have to figure out how to keep the anchor locker cover from popping open in rough seas when we bounce from wave to wave. That water ends up in the bilge instead of the self draining cockpit area. I used some foam wrapped insulation tape to cushion it from vibrating loose. Yet it still opened up the other day in bouncing off 4 foot swells on the way back in. I don't usually go out in anything over 3 foot if I can. As you know things change sometimes that you don't expect. Good thing she is a strong heavy boat for its size. Can't wait for the spring launching and getting back to fishing off shore.
Be safe, be well, thanks,
Bill

Fishtales

Reaction score
its a boat. unfortunately everything gets wet. kidding...

JerseySure

Reaction score
Website
www.psywarrior.com
Model
Fisherman 216
I am assuming that you got new Jump seats as well. My new ones collect water like the old ones but they have a vented panel on each cushion to allow for drainage. I put them on end with the vented panel facing down and they dry out fairly rapidly.
My boat's been in a slip at Comstock for the last two weeks waiting on Octopus to run some checks on the electronics. Finally got them done. I noticed you were already tied up at your dock. Have a good season. My friends have been out and got their fill of Striper action. I missed the boat on those trips but should be heading out as soon as the weather breaks. Have a good spring and summer season for 2022. BTW really good reading with QR codes for accompanying videos attached to this posting.

Attachments

• 67165315248__AFA273A1-BA43-4EF2-8475-E54BB4EE72FC.jpg
    67165315248__AFA273A1-BA43-4EF2-8475-E54BB4EE72FC.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 1
  • 67165307120__21CF6695-4B4C-4D8E-891B-22BB4593B350.jpg
    67165307120__21CF6695-4B4C-4D8E-891B-22BB4593B350.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_1780.jpg
    IMG_1780.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 1