Fisherman 222

Gross Profit

Reaction score
What top speed/cruising speed and approximate fuel comsumption could I expect out of a 1999 222 Fisherman with 225 OX66 engine, 17" SS prop, T Top and painted bottom? I know this is a heavy boat. I am considering one as described and would appreciate any feedback.

Thanks!

fishhrd

Reaction score
I would guess you would be between 40-45 mph. I have a 209 and with the original power which was a 200 ox66 with I believe a 19 pitch prop was 44 mph.

Gross Profit

Reaction score
Thanks,
I had it checked out and everything was fine. The bottom paint and some very minor barnacle growth is slowing it down a bit I think. we had it up to about 35 knots on the gps and maybe I could have squeezed a bit more out but not much. I think that bottom paint has got to go! I may experiment with props as well. It's got great power out of the hole though, just the top end is a little lacking. All in all, it's a great boat.

fishhrd

Reaction score
That sounds about right. When we were loaded with fuel and ice we were maxed out at 41 mph and cruised at 31 mph at 4100 rpms. My bottom is also painted and with a t-top and curtains. Now that I switched to a 225 four stroke my top end is the same but my cruise is 35 mph at 4500 rpm burning 12 gph which was better then the 2 stroke.

Gross Profit

Reaction score
Thanks Fish. Wonder how much trouble it's going to be to remove the bottom paint? Is that a DIY type thing?

fishhrd

Reaction score
I bought my boat and the bottom was painted but did not want to go through the trouble of removing it. I keep the boat in a lift so bottom paint is not needed but I just get it repainted every 3 yrs or so to keep it looking good. Not sure how hard it would be to remove.