flat bolts used to connect hinge to plexiglass

tech_dog

Reaction score
Model
Tournament 192
Does anyone know what these flat nuts are called and where one might get them? They're almost flat, fit into the plexiglass hole, and are threaded for the screws from the other side.

1706770549017.png

Last edited:

seasick

Reaction score
If they have threaded extension on the back side, I would call them shoulder nuts.
They ma have knurled edges. That makes them knurled shoulder nuts ( may be called bushings.
The length of the bushing is critical. It would be slightly longer or as long as the thickness of the plastic. The shoulder is there to prevent over tightening of the bolt that could cause the plastic to crack.
I did some quick searches and found that looking for stainless knurled shoulder nuts gave some results but without the actual dimensions, I can't sy if the ones I saw would work ( the ones I saw were metric .

Reactions: tech_dog

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
I'm not familiar with that, other than looking at your picture... however, it looks like there's a bolt in the center of the disc-thing... that appears to be a regular bolt that was then cut flush?

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Wait, are you looking for the NUT (not the bolt)? I just saw Half's response and it made me think you might be using the wrong terminology? That makes more sense now - I was confused by the rest of what you said as it wasn't matching up.

tech_dog

Reaction score
Model
Tournament 192
Wait, are you looking for the NUT (not the bolt)? I just saw Half's response and it made me think you might be using the wrong terminology? That makes more sense now - I was confused by the rest of what you said as it wasn't matching up.
Yes, looking for the nut. I just realized my initial post was backwards and edited it. The bolt you see is a screw coming through from the other side and seems pretty ordinary. I didn't notice the detail before, but you're right that it looks like it's been cut. Hopefully I can find the correct size but I can do the same if necessary.

The replies above give me the terminology and even a link to get me going, even after I asked the wrong question.

Thanks everyone...

T.

seasick

Reaction score
I assumed you meant the nut so my response is still valid.

Reactions: tech_dog

Fishtales

Reaction score
The bolts look cut to size if you ask me.

seasick

Reaction score
To me also.
They don't have to be to work but the ends should at least me smooth so as to not catch on things or cut you.

SkunkBoat

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Model
Express 265
You might find them as "T Nuts" non-pronged

They are hard to find the exact replacement. DON"T LOSE WHAT YOU HAVE!

When I removed my plexi door to install a flat panel dash, I saved them...somewhere....

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
You might find them as "T Nuts" non-pronged

They are hard to find the exact replacement. DON"T LOSE WHAT YOU HAVE!

When I removed my plexi door to install a flat panel dash, I saved them...somewhere....
Over the years, I've saved A LOT of things in that SAME place......

tech_dog

Reaction score
Model
Tournament 192
I searched high and low for an exact match and never found them. I contacted Grady White Customer Service to see if they could help, and they responded by sending me free replacements. They even paid for the shipping.

I'm extremely glad I bought the Grady and not... say a Bayliner. My 30 year old girl is approaching brand new status, while the Bayliner would likely be in a landfill.

T