flowscan installation?

fearnofish

Reaction score
it's a 1990 sailfish and i want to know what wires to use off the ignition i can trace them out but i'm just looking for a quick answer if anyone has one. or better yet where i get a wire schematic

askibum02

Reaction score
You can get almost all the user manuals from the Grady White Website. They have the wiring for the whole boat in there.

Tunacious D

Reaction score
We installed the FloScan 9000 on our 93 with twin Yamaha 2 strokes. What model of FloScan did you have? Ours picks up hot feed for the ignition, two tach leads, one lead for the dash lights, the leads for the data to the GPS, and finally the leads from the fuel sensors and ground. Its a bunch of wire but not really that complicated. Definitely takes several hours to a day to do yourself and you must have a multimeter to check voltages and the like. Get a good pair of wire strippers and crippers. Also go and get a box of the heat shrink butt connectors that cover the wire sizes you will be using (I think the 18-22 g will work) so you can make everything nice and waterproof. A box of the zip strips in different sizes will also come in handy.

I need to get to the boat this weekend to get the schematic and then I can tell you which wires to pick up (as long as you have Yamahas). If you don't, you can use the VOM to find the wires you need.

jehines3

Reaction score
fear, I sent you a PM. I can share my 5500 manual electornically, but they should all power about the same. For twins you will need some diodes to do it right. jh