Flush Mount Question for 2004 208

Saltwater Cowboy

Reaction score
I want to purchase the new Raymarine C120W with radar for my 208. However the elctronics box and the overhead electronics boxes in the hard top suffer the same lack of size! I need help I'm sick of small screen units and I have found the C120W package with radar for a smoking deal I just need to make a way to make it work, HELP PLEASE!!

Brook

seasick

Reaction score
The only place is overhead. I would be concerned about possible loss of forward vision but you need to make that determination. That said, you would need to have the current overhead box modified/removed-replaced.
A second option would be to hang the unit from a bracket to the left of the overhead box assuming there is enough clearance. The top may need to be reinforced for the bracket.

bc282

Reaction score
anything is possible, its a matter or creativity, time and $.
i took a look at the grady website and the helm (dash) of the current 208, if you're is similar, then IMO it's definitely doable, just a matter of how nice you want it to look and $.

most expensive option is custom fibreglass work to cover the upper gauge area and console area and make it one larger smooth "canvas" in which to flush mount the display unit and the gauges and anything else. I'd make a hatch on top of the console as many other members have to keep some storage and access for the flush mounted stuff.

another option which i did on my 2002 282 helm is custom fab a new face from "seafoam" color starboard to flush mount stuff.
you may need to "laminate" some material to smooth the transition between the gauge area and the console face and cut material in between these 2 area to fit the large display.
Mine is not super slick as a custom fibreglass job, but it works very well and looks pretty good.

Before . . .
Helm%20Console%201.jpg.JPG

After . . .
P1010013.JPG