FOGGY WINDSHIELDS

LUNDINROOF

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
On both my old 246 and my new 283, many times my windshild is foggy from dew both on the inside and out. Wiping down with a soft rag will get most of the water off but there is still enough that I cannot see through it.

Will Rain X or some other spray prevent this?

Strikezone

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I have the same problem. The weather's so humid here year round it doesn't even clear up in the winter. It's really a safety issue trying to get out before dawn. I've used RainX but it still doesn't take care of the problem. I ususally have to run the wipers constantly for about 10 minutes, constantly wipe the inside of the windshield with a dry cloth, and have someone stationed as a lookout.

Anything that would eliminate this problem would be greatly apprecitated.

Strikezone

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I can barely see over the windshield on my 228. I also keep the forward curtains down on the way out to keep the salt spray out of my face and also make it easier to talk. Once the day starts warming up I usually have to raise the curtains just for the air flow.

gwwannabe

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I carry a small squeegee in my cars and on the boat to get rid of morning dew and keep a few microfiber cloths handy to take care of lighter fogging. There are products out there that are supposed to prevent the condensation but I've never heard of any to work very well. The ideal solution would involve warming the surface of the windshield and curtains via an add-on heater/fan combo. I've seen these advertised for trucks and motorhomes in the past.

Gary 89 Overnighter

LUNDINROOF

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I thought of a fan but if it is not heated I'm not sure it would do any good. Also, I bought a fan for the cabin of my 246 from West Marine so I assumed it would be good for marine use but it turned to rust in two seasons. Once the sun hits the windshield it clears up but sometime in the early morning or before sunup it can be a real problem. Maybe a 12 volt hairdryer????

megabytes

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I have fogging on the windows an canvas for the early morning fishing trips. I use The Absorber which is a very good chamois. I also use this to avoid water spots after washing.

jimintheair3

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Hi Guys, West Coast here, lots of moisture !!
I have a webasto heater, not so much for heat (only if I want My Best fisherpeson (wife)- with me but I can set it and show up at 5:30 am and the boat is dry. I have window vents and various other. $2500.
Not the answer you are looking for. When I had a moterhome, i had the same moisture problem. Take a paper towel, put a small amount of dish soap on the towel and wipe the inside of the window (as you would with Rainex) let it dry on its own. When you show up in the morning you will have the moisture but not the fog. Do this every 4-5 days and you will see results.
Hope this helps
Jim

freddy063

Reaction score
them little 12 volt fans like the big truck have works great for the inside , just plug it in the cigarette lighter when you need it, and stow it away when you don’t need it.