Freedom 225 dimensions/cover

Vic H

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am considering moving my Freedom 225 to a different indoor rack storage facility. They charge by the boat length and also boat height. So, if I put the bimini top down and the boat height from the bottom of the engine skeg to windshield is less than 8 feet, the price is quite a bit cheaper than over 8 feet. Also, does anyone know what the LOA including engine and platform is on the Freedom 225? The rack storage I am currently using only charges by the registration length of 22' 2" and allows me to keep the bimini up. The new facility is more expensive, but is 20 miles each way closer to where we like to use the boat. The fuel savings will more than make up for the difference in storage costs.

Also, can someone suggest where to get a decent boat cover for indoor rack storage? I would like to put the bimini top down and use a light mooring type cover over the entire boat to keep it clean indoors. It must be light and fold small enough to store in my car while boating.

Finally, I recently bought the boat and during the 100 hour service, they listed the compression in each of the cylinders of the Yamaha F250XCA as between 200 and 210. Does anyone know if these numbers are normal or what they should be?

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
The overall length including the bracket and motor is closer to 25'.

I've used Boatcoversdirect.com before and they have a wide variety of materials available. Their covers are made to fit, and are the closest thing to custom without having one made by a local canvas shop. From looking at their site, you can get a poly-cotton blend for less than $500. A Sunbrella cover, which will last a lot longer, will run around $725 or so.