Fresh water on the 360

townvet

Reaction score
At the risk of being very embarrassed can someone please explain what they do for freshwater on the 360 or any of the other boats that have both the fresh water tank/ pump, and the dockside freshwater hook up that by passes the pump system. I understand that the dockside freshwater will supply all the fresh water needs without using the pump or tank BUT are you all drinking this water or letting this water make ice in the ice maker?
The fresh water system on my 336 used to get gunned up twice a year and I would flush out with dilute bleach and clean the filter. We never drank or cooked with that water. Is it safe to use the dockside inlet water to cook,drink,make ice?

LongTimeLoafer

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
We never use the dockside fresh water hook-up (no particular reason). We do try to run the water tank/pump system extensively at our slip a couple of times per season in order to get some "fresher" water in there (open the sink faucets, run the hose into the holding tank intake and turn it on -- maybe as long as a half hour). I have never had occasion to clean or change the filter; that is no doubt done as part of the seasonal lay-up maintenance.

We have not experienced what you describe; our ice is indeed made with water from the water tank, but we use so little as not to notice anything out of order. On board, we never drink water from the water tank, just bottled water.

I think that your dealer might have some recommendations for you from others, or, perhaps, it is worth a call to Grady itself (we've found that they go out of their way to answer questions and help in any ways that they can).

Sorry that I couldn't be of more help, and good luck with your new boat -- you will LOVE it, I'm sure!

The Black Pearl II

Reaction score
not to worry, the water in the tank should be potable, I have both and 360 and an RV, and yes we have to sanitize the tank(s) and then all is good. if you let it sit, fill the tank, add some water freshener, there are quite a few on the market. I drink cook etc with the tank water all the time, but you just have to keep it clean-this requires some up keep and re-sanitizing as needed. when at the dock I hook up to the water system and it works just fine. I have added a freshwater spigot in the cockpit area, so we can hook our washing hose up and rise the boat etc. there are plenty of web sites on how to sanitize, just don't use too much bleach.