fuel guage blinking on a 2006 208 adventure

sean1747

Reaction score
I topped off the fuel tank this morning and upon my return from fishing this afternoon, I notice the fuel guage blinking at the last bar on the speed guage. I could not have run the engine more than 2 hrs total without smelling fuel or noticicing a fuel slich while drifting. The speedometer is a honda guage. I open all the access hatches without a moderate odor of fuel. I have already checked all plugs so far and they look tight an clean. Should I pull the fuel feed /sensor from the aft access hole for a visual? More importantly, is the fuel tank pressurized with a outboard attached? I appreciate any help... Thanks

seasick

Reaction score
A flashing single bar on the 208 means that there is less than 20 gallons of fuel in the tank. Since you filled up, that would tell me that the sender is stuck or defective. Now for the bad news: If the tank is full, you can't remove the sender without fuel spilling all over the place. You will have to drain a lot of the tank and try to get the boat tilted towards the bow. Move some weight there so that the fuel runs towards the front of the tank.

sean1747

Reaction score
Thanks so much for the tip, I will take all precautions possible. Thanks again