Garmin 3206 Owners

Fishnjoe

Reaction score
Guys - I'm all ready to upgrade to a 3206 from a 232 but there is one thing that I don't like about the unit.
I've been playing around with it in the stores and I think the buoy symbols are just a tad to small at the 300 foot range and better. I've tried to find the setting that would allow me to make the buoys larger but couldn't locate it, neither could the salesman.
I down loaded the owners manual to no avail, and even called Garmin and the techs were stumped and unable to find a way to do it and told me that that's the way it is.
Anyway here's my question to 3206 owners, do you know if the buoy symbols can be made larger and if so how. Also, if they can't be made larger do you have any issues with the size of the buoys symbols as they are?

Thanks in advance for your reply's ................ Joe

Hookup1

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
Garmin 3206

If I were you I would consider the 4008 or 4208 instead of the 3206. Same screen resolution and close in physical size.

I have a 3006c and installed a 4210 as well. The 4000 series is a much better unit. The charting option with the G2 Vision offers more options and better charts. It uses a SD card instead of the propritary Garmin data card.

The two products use different fishfinders. GSD 21 (3000 series only) vs. GSD 22 (networked to either system).

Any YES you can change the sysbol size on the 4000 series. Owners Manual page 10. Not sure about the 3000 series.

Try www.getfeetwet.com for best price I was able to find. May be able to get a Garmin refurb with full warranty.

Fishnjoe

Reaction score
Hookup1

The other option I was considering is the 4208. I think I will follow that option.

Thanks to all that replied .................. Joe