Garmin 3210 Software update

dduflo

Reaction score
I have the chip from Garmin to upgrade my software. They mentioned that the upgrade will erase all my waypoints. How do I download the waypoints so they can be reentered after the upgrad? I could write them down then manually reenter but I have a few dozen stored.
Thanks
David

ElyseM

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
download them to a card and then re-upload after the update. i haven't lost any waypoints on my 2010c or 5212 during updates, but better safe.

go in the menu under manage card and you should see the options.

NOTHING ELSE MATTERS

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
dduflo said:
I have the chip from Garmin to upgrade my software. They mentioned that the upgrade will erase all my waypoints. How do I download the waypoints so they can be reentered after the upgrad? I could write them down then manually reenter but I have a few dozen stored.
Thanks
David

What is the upgrade for and how did you get the chip?

dduflo

Reaction score
I could not change time or date so I called Garmin. I had to pay shipping both ways and put a $6 deposit on the chip that I get back when I return it. They knew about this problem and I'm kind of surprised that they didn't offer to correct it for free.

ElyseM

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
guys, garmin has an EXCELLENT software download section of their site. they stay up on the updates. you can download to your pc and then use a garmin card reader to write to a blank garmin card (sd for the newer units) - all for free. guys have been buying them on ebay for very little money (now that the format is sd, the proprietary stuff isn't really being used. there is also a way of doing a direct download to your headunit - i don't do that so you would have to look into the specifics if that is what you want to do.

this is one of the things that i think sets garmin apart/ ron