Gauges+Dashboard

Bassett23

Reaction score
I have a 1976 Grady Duke 175 and im thinking about replacing the gauges and or dashboard panel. Few questions though. Do i need specific gauges? And what would i do to replace the already existent plastic panel? Also, what material should I use? Suggestions/Ideas?

Curmudgeon

Reaction score
Try 1/4" starboard, there are fabricators that will cut to your spec, and will drill gauge/switch holes you specify. Any gauges you like will work if installed and wired properly ... :wink:

todd0915

Reaction score
The sky is the limit,plastic dash panals are great but don't limit yourself .white/black.you can mix it up.also if you have the room cut your marine radio in to the dash,make an inclosure for electronics.your gauges should match you engine if you have the knowhow you can wire your own stuff in but still be sure you have it wired right when you get to custom set up there is no standard harness.your dash will look really cool wiyh hour gauage and maybe a fuel gauage.whatever you set up try to get it water tight so it will last.

Grady282owner

Reaction score
Whatever you decide to do please take before and after pictures and post them up! Good luck!

JeffN

Reaction score
Over the past two off seasons I redid my switch panel and instrument panel. I replaced my gauges with smartcraft units because my new motor was set up for them. There are loads of nice looking gauges out there so your options are many. This is a relatively easy upgrade and it really updates the look of an older boat. Pics would be nice.

fixitgrady

Reaction score
I am new to this forum, and your post was interesting. I am not advertising a service! I have made several dashboards for my boats. I always use solid mahogany, stained with Standard Mahogany stain, and covered in several coats of marine-grade varnish. Carefully cut the holes for your gauges ( standard gauges work in Gradys), wire them up, and you are done . HA! 40 hours later. They have come out looking beautiful, functional and always recieve raves at the dock.