Generator

Southern Hunter

Reaction score
I have the FP generator on my 305 Express and want to run some diesel fuel treatment through it....any special kinds or brands any of you guys have had any good success with? Anything special I need to know before doing this?

blackdiamond296

Reaction score
Bio-bore is a good thing to use on diesel, especially on a generator tank where the fuel may sit for extended periods of time. Your boat is pretty new so i doubt you have growth in the tank yet (algae growth in diesel tanks is pretty common) but bio-bore is good for preventing such growth. In situations where you're starting to use bio-bore on an older boat and you're not sure if there's growth in the tank its a good idea to carry extra fuel filters at the start because the bio-bore will break up the growth and introduce it into the fuel lines, possibly clogging up the external fuel filter. Because of this, if you're going to use bio-bore it should be an all or nothing usage- either you use it every time you put fuel in the tank or you choose to let sleeping dogs lie and just leave it alone.

ElyseM

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
SH, i don't know if you saw the link i posted on tht, but there seems to be a wide variety of products out there that people are using. i originally posted that same question (in relation to the fp diesel genset) because i couldn't find any recommendations on the fp website and i was trying to do some advance research. i figured it would be spelled out in the owners manuals, but i guess not. i saw another product by valvtect that is a combination treatment and biocide. http://www.valvtect.com/products.asp

i still don't know what it the "best".

JUST-IN-TIME

Reaction score
val-tech is way way better then startron

startron will not back up comments made to hem on the hulltruth

actually a chemical engineer came on and ripped them a new one pretty good