GPS and VHF Antenna Mounting Ideas

bdubz06

Reaction score
Hello! This weekend I have dedicated to installing my new Garmin 4212 in my 2004 Adventure 208.

Can you email me pictures of where and how you mounted your antenna for your GPS units? Any pictures from your installs would be great. If you like you can email them to ebaybrad@gmail.com Thank you in advance!

I am thinking of attaching it near the bow pulpit to get it out of the way but I wanted to see if any of you guys have done that type of mount and what type of reception you get if its mounted below the SS rail.

Thanks again guys!

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I mounted them on the outside of the walkaround on my 208....it is an easy install too. If you remove the switch panel, you will have easy access to put the nuts on the back of the screws, and run the wires.

S3500093.jpg

journeyman

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
On my previous ride, I also mounted mine like Parthery did except the GPS went on the Port side. I used a short extention to get it above the glass though not sure if it was needed. It did not interfere with the Bimini at all. Used standard antenna mounts.

catch22

Reaction score
You can mount your gps antenna right on the dash, even directly under the windshield. Your bimini top will not interfere with it, (when it's up).

I can't imagine where your going to mount that 12" monster though? :D

jehines3

Reaction score
The antenna should be flush or pole mount. I'd go flush mount just or behind or forward of your windshield. You will never know its there. You will need three longer M4 SS screws and you are done. No sense in adding a pole mount or ratchet mount. Your accruaccy rings will change when you have obstructions. Before I finally ran my flush mount down the hard top legs I was sitting it on the dash. My accuracy has greatly improved now on the hard top. You won't lose signal, but it will not be as accurate either. jh

CJBROWN

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Yeah, we just 5200 or foam tape them to the dash under the windshield. Some of the guys have complained that they get interfereance from the windshield frame or from a hardtop. A hardtop may be more of an issue, I suppose if I had one I'd put it up there.

For the bimini tops though, they seem to work fine. I pull in 12 satelites without any issue. My buddy's older Garmin works just fine like that too.