Grady 265 Cabin Lights/Dome/Spot and Bathroom light

bloodline265

Reaction score
All these lights have gone out and apperars that light bulbs are good. I have changed them as well with no luck? Is there a fuse somewhere that I am missing. Not related but too coincidental, my SIMARD auto pilot has lost power. Im trying to trace power but can't find where they put computer for a/p. I think its a fuse but dont know where to look? All fuses under gauges are good. Refrig, Radio, all other power supply components working fine.

Two issues may be related?????? Frustrated!

bloodline265

Reaction score
Problem Found

Turned out that the head light bulb was two many watts, everytime I put other bulbs in fuse burnt.

Hope that someone else may avoid my troubleshooting.

drbatts

Reaction score
Model
Express 305
My simrad autopilot(AP16) has also recently lost power. I believe the computer is behind the wall behind the head. Or at least that is the next place that I'm going to look. In my case everything else runs fine except there is no power to AP head unit on the helm.

grady33

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Not sure if same in your boat, but there is usually a pop up fuse for these lights at the cockpit area and if you replace that, you should be good to go. I have a 272 sailfish and had to replace mine last week. Easy easy job. D.

gradyfish22

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Only places you would have your autopilot computer ona 265 would be under the v berth forward, this is a typical location, or under the stbd side bench seat, there is an access hatch and will grant you access to space below deck where the computer could be mounted, if you need more room, you can take the lower panels off in the head against the back bulkhead, the corner piece comes off first, then the bottom piece. Just installed an autopilot this spring and had to gain access to this area, not many other places on a 265 to mount the course computer.

jekyl

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
My simrad A/p comp is mounted on the bulkhead at the base of the cabin stairs.....under the helm access panel .