Grady 360 Express 2008-12

wreckdiver60

Reaction score
Just throwing the thread out there to general grady 360 express owners. Looking to get into a 360 Express preferably with twins 2008-11 with reasonable and accurate hours, good condition, private owner (No Brokers Please) as close to the $170k price as possible. I know the price for this day and age might be a shot in the dark, but this is what Im able to mangae. Serious buyer cash on hand. Pass it along. Thanks

Fishermanbb

Reaction score
A couple of considerations for you:

1. The only twin configuration for that boat (Original power) for those years will be 350’s. They will be either Gen 1 or 2. 1 had many problems, 2 had a few less. Gen 3’s (2016) are pretty much trouble free except for having to replace the flywheel’s (Yamaha pays) every 100 hours.

2. 700 HP is on the light side for that hull. Trip 250’s or better yet 300’s moves the boat well enough. you might want to expand your search to include trips.

3. A 2008-2009 with under 1000 hours and trips should be in your price range.

4. Maybe my memory is off but didn’t you have a 360 (2006)? Then sold it looking for a CC? Maybe that was someone else?

Either way, good luck with your search.

wreckdiver60

Reaction score
Yes you are correct i had the 06. Man what a memory you have! :) I wish i never sold the boat to be quite honest :( Prices have just gone insane and the center console as much as I like it dont think it will fit the bill (but no ruling it out 100%) Ive looked at other boat manufacturers but nothing compares to what I once had with my 36 grady express. Those 350's get me nervous and based on my budget Im almost afraid im going to have to settle on those gen 1 350's. The trip 250's were great, I just didnt care for having 3 power plants on the back and thats why Im now considering the twin 350's. If you happen to come across something or have a suggestion Im all ears. Thanks for response Fishermanbb

Fishermanbb

Reaction score
Now I’ll really flip you out….I‘m pretty sure that 06 was my boat. I sold it to an older gentleman who, despite several lessons given to him by me and numerous phone calls….Just couldn’t handle it. I think he sold it to you. I was the original owner and, in fact, was part of the customer design team for the 360. They flew me to NC to work with the engineers when they were mocking up the boat. It was a great experience and several of my ideas ended up being incorporated into the boat - At the time I had a 330 so, of course, I had to get the 360. I really loved that boat. I’ll keep an eye out for you and let you know if I see something.

Reactions: magicalbill

jap201

Reaction score
I know this is an old post, but I just stumbled on it while researching 360's. We're looking for our next boat and are considering an '06 360 out on Long Island. Wonder if that's your old boat?

Any thoughts on how the 360 compares to the comparable pursuit os?
thanks

Fishermanbb

Reaction score
It could be. I have no idea where it went but if you go look at it and send me some pics I’ll be able to tell you. Pursuit makes a good boat just like Grady. I‘ve always liked the Grady’s better. The 360 is an absolute beast and mine ran great with just trip 250’s. I have never seen a pursuit I would rather have over a comparable Grady but the Pursuit guys would say the same thing so I think it comes down to the individual boat you are looking at. My old 360 was a fantastic boat in every sense. We did everything from inshore to offshore and cruising with 5 people for up to 8 days at a time. It did everything well.

jap201

Reaction score
hope to get down in a couple iof weeks. I'll take pics when we do. be interesting to see if its your old boat. thanks for the info

jap201

Reaction score
I'm trying to understand (as well as help my wife compare) the GW boats we're looking at to other boats we've seen or owned. Outside of my first boat ('87 GW offshore 24), our other boats were inboards. LOA as I understand it was from pulpit to transom, not including swim platforms. So our tiara 37 open LOA was 39' 8" and hull length was 37' 1". I don't have access to the powerboat guide, but BUC lists the 330 LOA as 33' 6", and the 360 LOA as 36' 7".

So on the GW's, is LOA from the pulpit to the back of the engines, the end of the engine bracket, or to the transom? And what is the hull length for those boats?

just trying to be able to compare the 330 and 360 to other boats we've had.
thanks
Joe